RV Fans Who Follow Our Adventures

February 25, 2011

My Two favorite Poems....

Brown Penny

I WHISPERED, 'I am too young,'
And then, 'I am old enough';
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love.
'Go and love, go and love, young man,
If the lady be young and fair.'
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
I am looped in the loops of her hair.
O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away
And the shadows eaten the moon.
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
One cannot begin it too soon.

William Butler Yeats




And my 2nd favorite poem

I Cultivate a White Rose



I have a white rose to tend
In July as in January;
I give it to the true friend
Who offers his frank hand to me.
And for the cruel one whose blows
Break the heart by which I live,
Thistle nor thorn do I give:
For him, too, I have a white rose.

Jose Marti


These have been my favorite since I was 10 years old... I had a chance to pull some of my old classic books and have these written on a plain sheet of paper and have carried them from where ever I lived. I wanted to share them you. What are your favorites?








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Advertise with?

- $10 a month for a button ad
- Giveaways are Free if a Product is given or a flat $10 rate
- Guest Spots (any day except on Fridays) $10.00
~FREE etsy Guest Spots on Fridays (first come first serve)

Please email us at MrCraftyRVing@gmail.com and if leaving a comment please keep it clean and family friendly. We do not tolerate rudeness of any form.

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis
Join if you have MS - Join if your a Crafter

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.
Juvenille Support Program