RV Fans Who Follow Our Adventures

February 21, 2010

Solar Ovens: Box, panel, solar kettles and parabolic cookers

So we are stuck in Ridgecrest beacuse of the weather alert we got this morning on the dangers of the wind in the area from 12pm to 6am tomorrow. So I got to thinking since I have FREE wifi for another 24 hours I would do some research. After doing the bio's I so love to look up - I got to thinking about our RV and how to pinch every dollar out of it and I came across solar ovens. Yes that's right solar ovens in which you can cook in. There are several types of these: Box Cookers, Panel Cookers, Solar Kettles and Parabolic Cookers. After reading a ton of these page on the net I found one that has plans on making them and so Jorge will be making one when we get to Lone Pine. It will only take an hour and it will be a temp until I get my hands on a well built one only after doing more research. I mean come on, the sun is free and propane isn't. It makes too much sense. And it's just means more money in our pockets in which we will need to do more traveling with much less working. Not a bad deal.
Now I will spend the next couple of hours finding Bumper Stickers for the back side of the RV. Check back in later today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Advertise with?

- $10 a month for a button ad
- Giveaways are Free if a Product is given or a flat $10 rate
- Guest Spots (any day except on Fridays) $10.00
~FREE etsy Guest Spots on Fridays (first come first serve)

Please email us at MrCraftyRVing@gmail.com and if leaving a comment please keep it clean and family friendly. We do not tolerate rudeness of any form.

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis
Join if you have MS - Join if your a Crafter

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.
Juvenille Support Program