RV Fans Who Follow Our Adventures

September 11, 2010

Inyo Recreation - CLM end of season Party!!













Thursday Sept 9th we all headed up to Poconobe Resort for some tri-tips, salad, beans and cornbread and for dessert cake... Good food!

It was super great to see everyone together and getting a lot of chats in and seeing smiles everywhere. I need to set the record straight "I do not work for CLM but consider myself their cheerleader" - stating that for the crazy camper we had last year that still haunts my dreams.. ERRRR

I have to point out one person - Colleen. She is a host for Bob Lowrie down in Reds Meadow. I've never seen anyone as excited as she was to talk to me - I just love her. Very polite and takes GREAT pride in her campground and campers. And she knows her history of the area (which to me is the most important part to being a great camp host - campers depend on that and thrive off of it). She was so cute about being so worried about getting the blog research sheet done for me. Because she has so much to share about herself, her campground and the information she has to share about events that went on there this season.

Starting in October I'll be bloggin each day about each and every campground in the June Lake area - Mammoth Lakes area and Reds Meadow area. That's a total of about 30 campgrounds - this is my tribute to CLM for all the wonderful things we've seen, heard and have been a part of.... A must read!

OK so back to the party! I think for the most part I knew everyone because my husband worked for a different department last year. But there where some new faces and a great joy getting to meet them. Meeting the new host for Saddlebag was fun and always great to compare stories.... But we agree it's a beautiful area!

Oh and the host of Coldwater Judy is now walking - it was a great sight seeing her out of her wheel chair. Geeze Almighty the women is a fighter.... Does what she's told in her physical therapy and the outcome is great - So congrats to you Judy on your major accomplishments.... Brave, Brave, Brave!!!

My husband and I sat with Kenny and Debbie from Silver Lakes (they are the company's golden child because holly heck while the rest of the campgrounds are slowing down theirs is still going super strong). What a hoot they are. Debbie is the quiet one while her husband is the nut.... The stories he tells - my tum still hurts from laughing.... I always joke with Kenny about him being in the dog house and so when the company put in a huge storage up in Oh Ridge - I told Kenny Welcome home.... Just before dessert George 2 1/2 and Karlene came and joined us and here we go again more laughing.... Just a blast...

We didn't get to meet Eric Mart or even speak to him - all the host hogged him up so maybe next year we'll get to chat with him. Red and his wife Gloria was there as well and so we did get to chat with Red for a few minutes...

Let's see I got hugs from Marylou (Kenny's wife), Kathy (Howard's wife), Joan (aka SnowPea) and Bonnie (our Dolly Parton look alike - however no offense to Dolly buy Bonnie is much prettier).... These all great women who really took an interest in my well being this year. They have share personal stories with me that I am honor to know about. Thank you ladies... I love you all so much...

It has been an interesting year full of laughs, smiles, tears and frowns... Some growing pains but to really be good at your job these are all musts... We've lost some people and some people have moved on but no matter what they all lay in my heart and have my warmest regards and best wishes.

Some of my picture will be out of sort but I wanted you to see what we got to share this year... The top pictures of course will be of the party - I am so sorry for that - I was having so much fun and put Jorge in charge of taking pictures and well it's not his forte... Enjoy and I sure hope to get to see everyone again next year! Be well and travel safe my new and old friends...

P.S.
Wayne and Kathy thank you for this season - because of you two we learned a lot! Enjoy the album as much as I enjoyed making it - next year it will be much better.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Advertise with?

- $10 a month for a button ad
- Giveaways are Free if a Product is given or a flat $10 rate
- Guest Spots (any day except on Fridays) $10.00
~FREE etsy Guest Spots on Fridays (first come first serve)

Please email us at MrCraftyRVing@gmail.com and if leaving a comment please keep it clean and family friendly. We do not tolerate rudeness of any form.

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis
Join if you have MS - Join if your a Crafter

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.
Juvenille Support Program