RV Fans Who Follow Our Adventures

October 19, 2010

Lloyd Leabo


I received a very sad email from my husband in which was forward to him from his boss, that Lloyd passed away yesterday... I couldn't sleep last nigh because my mind kept thinking "Who's Next"?... My GrandMum passed away Oct 9th, a dear friend of ours from Campground_Crafter Joyce Matzen passed away last week and now Lloyd... It's been a terrible couple of weeks for me. People always say the worst thing in regards to death. Like well at least their out of pain, or they lived a long life. These types of words mean nothing. I just need to be hugged and to cry.... And so I have. I have always kept this poem in my Bible for Death has knocked on my door many times... It doesn't bring me comfort nor joy, but it does give me a reminder of the love I have with-in my own heart for others... May these 3 wonderful people feel that from above.... Lloyd I will miss your way of telling stories - my favorite is of your golf cart riding in the desert to find the many wonderful rocks you shared with us (he even gave one to us). Thank you for all the time you welcomed Jorge and I to your home and sharing all your picture of your wonderful family.... We love you friend!!


(Lloyd is standing next to his wife Shirley)

Tears, Idle Tears
by Alfred, Lord Tennyson


Tears, idle tears, I know not what they mean,
Tears from the depth of some divine despair
Rise in the heart, and gather to the eyes,
In looking on the happy Autumn-fields,
And thinking of the days that are no more.

Fresh as the first beam glittering on a sail,
That brings our friends up from the underworld,
Sad as the last which reddens over one
That sinks with all we love below the verge;
So sad, so fresh, the days that are no more.

Ah, sad and strange as in dark summer dawns
The earliest pipe of half-awakened birds
To dying ears, when unto dying eyes
The casement slowly grows a glimmering square;
So sad, so strange, the days that are no more.

Dear as remembered kisses after death,
And sweet as those by hopeless fancy feigned
On lips that are for others; deep as love,
Deep as first love, and wild with all regret;
O Death in Life, the days that are no more!






2 comments:

  1. Evie, I hear what you are saying. Words can't erase what losing someone you know and love does to us. Yet, I remember something learned as a child. We are but sojourners here. Our real home is in heaven. I hang on to that and I hope you can too.
    Yes, these special people will be missed terribly and we will grieve. Can't get away from that can we in this life?
    So I send hugs to you for comfort. And you are blessed having Jorge! :) Take care dear friend.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry for your losses Evie, so sad when people we love are gone.I understand the need to be held and to sob for a while. Remember though, they head home to heaven, and that is a small comfort. They are with their father again.

    Much love to you Evie, thinking of you and Jorge, Carol and family xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Advertise with?

- $10 a month for a button ad
- Giveaways are Free if a Product is given or a flat $10 rate
- Guest Spots (any day except on Fridays) $10.00
~FREE etsy Guest Spots on Fridays (first come first serve)

Please email us at MrCraftyRVing@gmail.com and if leaving a comment please keep it clean and family friendly. We do not tolerate rudeness of any form.

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis
Join if you have MS - Join if your a Crafter

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.
Juvenille Support Program