RV Fans Who Follow Our Adventures

May 4, 2009

RAIN, RAIN please go AWAY!! May 4th,2009






May 4, 2009

Hip, Hip, Hooray!! We finally started our jobs on May 1st!! Not in house keeping (it will be a bit for that due to water and what not). Today we did beach clean up. It was, Jorge and our neighbor Leonard (who was hired as one of the cooks – a real nice guy with great Ghost stories) and myself. I was in charge of my team and let me tell you we booked butt and did more then what was expected. I even had a trick up my sleeve about an easier way of doing some of the work – AFTER ALL THIS IS NOT MY FIRST RODEO…. And I think I won the respect of both men. We started with a morning meeting with all the crew (Yvette, Bob, Gary, Sharon, Rodney, Christina, Christina – there are 2 Christina’s, Leonard, Jorge and myself) and then we all went our ways. We took our lunch at 12:30pm and back at it at 1:30pm and then had to stop for the day due to rain at 4pm. I think I can speak for all of us that we are a bit sore it was a major work out with the rakes and lifting of the driftwood, which was wet from earlier rain that morning.

Well, it’s now Monday the 4th and we have no clue when we are to work next – we had the weekend off. Sunday Jorge had to caulk like crazy while the sun was out for a short breather. We were flooded in our bedding area kind of bad. So Jorge did wash all the blankets while I cleaned house (thru the heater up on the bed so it would dry out the bedding carpet). Other then that over the weekend the only thing we did was played cards, read and eat. It’s 4:30am as I am writing this. I couldn’t sleep well last night I have many concerns, which might sound minor to most but things are bothering me. It’s been nice we’re still getting a ton of calls about working for different companies in the camping world so if it doesn’t work at Lake Siskiyou I know we’ll be fine. But I’m sure all will be sorted out soon enough!! I’m so excited that Gwen is only 75 miles from us and we’ll be able to go visit her and Dale here soon. I think we’re going to wait till at least our first check so that we can hit Wal-Mart at the same time for things are very very very expensive plus OR has no sales tax – phewwwww and top that with coupons, we’ve got our selves some savings. Well, we’re going to wait for the phone to ring today (lol we hope TODAY) to find out what’s up and where and when is the next plan for us to work or to at least hear ANYTHING – lol….
I hope all my friends are doing good, we sure miss you and the only thing we miss about Florida is Sue and Bob – Ann and Greg and all the kids who I hope are enjoying all those post cards I’ve sent and keep sending – Yippers I’ve kept my promise. I’m feeling down today – I know I know my type A personality is getting the best of me – but I must have Communication

4 comments:

  1. Hey hun! Was checking out the progress you've done on the page. Wow great job! Some of the stuff you wrote made me laugh and remember again. I guess that's the point of the journal. I love you. Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evie and Jorge - hope the rain stops and you dry out soon. Bob and I hope everything works out for your jobs soon also. It's tough when things don't go as you anticipated. Keep your chin up, we're thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your positive outlook going Evie. There are lots of other options for you if this one doesn't pan out.
    Big Hugs - Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is slow time here too, Evie. I am taking another day off - had Tuesday off. Then my days off Fri/Sat. Enjoy the time off because when the people start coming you will be worked to death.

    Yes, come shopping up here. No sales TAX.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Advertise with?

- $10 a month for a button ad
- Giveaways are Free if a Product is given or a flat $10 rate
- Guest Spots (any day except on Fridays) $10.00
~FREE etsy Guest Spots on Fridays (first come first serve)

Please email us at MrCraftyRVing@gmail.com and if leaving a comment please keep it clean and family friendly. We do not tolerate rudeness of any form.

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis

Crafting_for_MultipleSclerosis
Join if you have MS - Join if your a Crafter

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.

Youth Equipped for Success Y.E.S.
Juvenille Support Program